Translate

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Looking for a new house!

It's March already!

I have exactly 30 more days before I am evicted from my current house.

Strangely I don't feel as flustered or nervous as I should be.. Maybe because things have been going smoothly for me and I feel that I can have faith and trust that I will find a suitable accommodation somehow.

All my friends are super worried for me! Everytime they see me they will ask "When are you moving? Have you found a place?". I will just smile and say "Not yet!" And they'll give me the super worried look. A few of them even offered to help me find a place and have asked their housing agent friends to keep a lookout for me.

Thing is, I think the property prices are ridiculous now. 2 years ago, one 3 bed-room flat in Boon Keng would have costs around $1300 a month and now it's $2000 and above.. same location, same unit, different price.

Moreover I have Chloe with me now, so it's another consideration as many owners don't allow pets in their homes. I insist in renting a whole unit because I value my privacy a lot and I don't want to lock Chloe up in the bedroom while I am not at home. It's very cruel to her and I love her too much to do that to her. My aunt asked me to rent a room outside instead of a whole apartment because it's much cheaper, and put Chloe at her place, visit her when I am free.. I rather spend all my salary on rent than do that.

I have to pay agent fees, 2 months deposit.. money aside, the most irritating part is the actual relocation. I have to call and inform all my banks and whoever that needs to be informed of my address change. I need to repack all my belongings, move, unpack and rearrange. In the process, throwing a lot of my possessions away again.

Come to think about it, I have moved 6 times in the past 7 years. Freaking 6 times!

Anyways, this time I am gonna bring the bare minimum with me and I shall get rid of anything that I don't need at all. Some of the things I have carried with me but it's always in storage and I think it's time to let go.

I am going to limit myself to a maximum of 5 carton boxes + 2 luggage of clothes.

I've not started packing yet, but I will do so when I found a place and have a firm deadline (like nothing is more firm than 31March) of when I really need to get out and most importantly where I am going to go. I don't want to pack everything into boxes yet as it's really depressing to see boxes when I go home everyday.

I am going to have a Birthday party for Chloe this Saturday! It's going to be the last house party I have at my current place before I move out. I've ordered the birthday cake and food and I hope everyone enjoys themselves! :)

No comments:

; //]]>