Translate

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 4 Open House!

Really excited about the new Terminal 4 in Changi Airport! It will officially be opened to the public on 31October this year, however they are having a free open house from 07-20August and you have to pre-register your interest on their website. They only gave out 200,000 tickets and they were quickly snapped up!

I managed to get 2 tickets for myself and Le hubby! The weekend slots were full so I took a weekday afternoon slot. I had to apply for half day annual leave but it was worth it! :)

T4 was built on the land that used to be the Budget Terminal which was demolished 5 years ago. I have never been to the budget terminal when it was around, but I heard it was quite bad. Not the kind of image that Singapore Changi Airport is famous for. Luckily they decided to demolish it and change it to T4 instead. T4 was completed within 3 years, which is super amazing because it's such a big building. They managed to build it so quickly because of pre-cast and off-site fabricated building components. Something like lego blocks.

T4 occuipies about 225,000 square meters, which is about the size of 27 football fields. It is only about half the size of Terminal 3 but has a capacity of 2/3! Talk about space efficiency!! And T4 will be able to handle 16 millions passengers a year, which is a huge number!

The amazing part about T4 is that it will have a lot of self-service processes called FAST (fast and seamless travel). You can check-in, print your boarding pass & luggage tag, drop off your baggage.. all by yourself using the computers! 

I really like the automated bag drop! Really cool!

Even the departure immigration and boarding of the plane are automated! This will really bring up the efficiency and speed of check-in (if the computers don't break down).

This giant screen is sooo cool! It looks really realistic!

We sat there for a while just admiring it. Le hubby says this is "worth the ticket price" because the screen must have cost a lot.

Automated screening!

We took pictures at the Korean Air booth hoping to win air tickets.. but you and I know it's all rigged lah. Hahahahahahha! How to win so easily?

This is a really pretty view!

Also love this sculpture inside the departure area.

This is the highlight of the tour for me. The graphics is amazingly real! If you have the time, stay here for a while and watch the entire show. It's quite a cheesy love story, but I really love the graphics!

You can sit on these funky chairs while watching the show. Haha!

Departure gates

It'll never be this empty again.. hahahaha!

 A CUPLO IN T4??!!!?!? Do people even know it's a Cuplo??!??!?!?!! I really wanted to steal this. It's my dream to own a Cuplo art piece. I very nearly empty my bank account for a painting... but decided that food is more important. :'(

Unfortunately there is no skytrain access to T4 yet so you have to take a shuttle bus if you are connecting to another flight in another terminal.



Currently the airlines that are flying out of T4 are:
  1. Air Asia
  2. Cathay Pacific
  3. Cebu Pacific
  4. Indonesia Air Asia
  5. Korean Air
  6. Philippines Air Asia
  7. Spring Airlines
  8. Thai AirAsia
  9. Vietnam Airlines
The destinations that I usually fly to are operated by Singapore Airlines, Scoot, Japan Airlines & ANA.. so I don't think I will have a chance to fly out of T4 anytime soon. Even if I were to go to Hong Kong I will fly with SQ cos CX has a bad reputation of flight delays recently.  So I am glad to have a chance to tour T4 with Le hubby!

No comments:

; //]]>