Translate

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Ettusais October Birthday Party

Attended the Ettusais Birthday Party with Wany at BHG Bugis.

I decided not to partake in their birthday events anymore cos I calculated and find that it's not worth it. When we buy any products in the birthday event, the birthday girl gets double stamps for any purchases.

$10 spending = 1 stamp
20 stamps = $10 voucher

So usually it's 20 stamps to redeem for the $10 voucher, making it a 5% saving. If it's double stamps, than the savings is only 10% which is quite lame, considering the amount of products I've been buying from them for the past few years.. There's no special loyalty programs and their free gifts which used to be cool and cute are getting from lame to cheapo.

From now on I'm gonna look for another makeup brand to jump to. Not that I'm aunty or anything, but their rewards program is damn lame and I don't feel the need to feel loyal to a brand just because I HAVE TO. There are tons of makeup products out there and it's not like Ettusais is very cheap.. it's not! A foundation refill is $41!

I'm gonna slowly try out other brands for now. The Shu Uemera blusher that Yaya & Joyce bought for me is great! So i'll continue using that.. Might try out brands like Bobbi Brown and MAC also. ^^

Anyway, after the "party", we went walk around and I bought my Agnes B frames from Eyeplay.. than we went to Mos Burger for a late lunch/early dinner!



After Mos Burger, we went to Kino and they had a 20% discount special! Wany so sad cos we just went to the Orchard outlet and they did not have 20% the other day and she bought her comics at no discount cos she did not bring her discount card -- see? I told you liao, everytime you change bag you must check and bring all your stuff over!!

The white pouch is the free gift from Ettusais. Those tweezers are of lousy quality.. I tried to tweeze my eyebrows and it's so sharp and breaks off the hair easily. Damn sucks. The little bottle of candy is the door gift for the event.. same as the one in July.. I wonder if they piled up a lot.. Not gonna eat it in case the expiry is near.

I sound so jaded... no?

I mean, I used to love the brand, but several bad experiences has left me reeling and skeptical of it. There are a few good sales assistants in the company, but I don't like the branding and the stupid loyalty program it has. It seriously need to hire someone more competent to purchase better gifts and come up with more exclusive privileges for it's more "supportive customers" instead of buying such cheapo China-made gifts and want us to spend $88 to redeem for them.

The other day, me and Wany was at Isetan Tampines and they had a promotion where Isetan members spend $100 to get a $10 rebate voucher.. so I was thinking it's quite worth it and wanted to buy the sparkling pact refill. I also saw the white pouch and found it quite cute (better improvement from their lame-ass slippers you can get for $1.99), so I asked the salesgirl about the promotion and you know what she said?

"For members, you have to spend $98 to get the free gift instead of $88 cos of the Isetan rebate voucher promotion will give you $10, so you must top up the $10 to get the bag."

It just didn't make sense at all that me and Wany just stared at each other, dumbfounded cos we were like trying to find the logic behind the girl's reasoning.

I mean, firstly, the $10 voucher is given by ISETAN, not Ettusais right? And I had to be a member, on top of spending $100.. so what has it got to do with Ettusais? And the thing is, if I spend $98 to get the stupid free gift which is $10 more from required as stated in their brochure in black and white, than what's the point of the whole $10 rebate shit?

I asked the girl why it was not indicated in black and white anywhere, and she just shrugged her shoulders and say "management decision". BULLSHIT LAH! KISS MY FUCKING ASS! Don't come and lie to me. If it's management decision, either pull out from the Isetan promotion, or put up a sign at the counter informing your customers of the stupid clause you have. Is it so difficult to print a piece of notice out?

Anyway, the girl is too stupid to argue with us cos her reasoning makes no sense -- so we just walked away.

See? It's things like this that makes me so fucking disappointed in Ettusais.

Anyway, I smsed Pipimon telling him I bought a Fred Perry bag for $20 and he was so shocked, cos the dress he bought for me is almost S$200... hahahahaha! Afterwards I told him it's a free gift bundled in the magazine than he went "Ohh! Chey!"

Now me and Wany has the same bag again cos she bought one too! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First I wish you Happy Birthday......and Thank you for sharing your birthday party as well as nice picture post and i hope that you was good enjoyed in your party.........

----------
Kids Birthdays

Jasmine Tay said...

Hi Robert,

Thanks a lot for the birthday wishes! :)

; //]]>