Translate

Friday, May 21, 2021

Singapore Grand Prix 2019 (Last F1 before Covid-19)

[Backdated Entry!]

The Singapore Grand Prix has been held since 2008 and it always falls on/around Le Hubby's birthday. He is a fan of the racing cars but the tickets are super expensive and he always watch it online. We were lucky to receive free passes from our neighbour for 21-Sep-2019 and it was the day that Gwen Stefani performed.. which was awesome cos I love her songs! 

Due to Covid-19, the event was cancelled in 2020 and also for this year, so we were extra lucky to attend the last F1 before it was cancelled. Looking back at the photos during this pandemic world, I found it weird that we were allowed to congregate in large numbers, no social distancing and no need to wear masks.

We parked at South Beach Tower office building (my workplace!) and walked over from there. 

Most of the roads around the Padang area were closed, so it was awesome to be able to walk on the roads which are always filled with cars during usual times.

Lots of signage so we won't get lost!

We headed to the Padang area for Gwen Stefani's concert! We were actually late for the concert and I was worried that we won't be able to catch it.. but luckily she saved all her most popular songs for last! We were there in time to see her perform 5 songs which are her most well-known ones!! 

We were a distance away from the stage but the large screen tvs were super clear and the sound system was damn good. It's been years since I went to a concert and I had so much fun!! My favourite song is Hollaback Girl and it was just awesome singing along with her.

Super high from the concert!!
(ノ≧∀≦)ノ(ノ≧∀≦)ノ

《《o(≧◇≦)o》》

So many people around!!!! Most of them are foreigners. This event really brings in a lot of tourism dollars for Singapore and it is a pity that it has to be cancelled.

o(*>ω<*)o

Wefie with the War Memorial that was beautifully lighted up!

We watched the race and honestly I wasn't very interested in it cos I am not really into cars. It was so hot and stuffy and so many people.. the chairs were not very comfortable too. Hahahaha! I am there for Gwen Stefani and to soak up the festivities. Le Hubby definitely enjoyed the race more than me.

Wefie at the race track after the race!

One last photo before we leave!!!

Wefie outside Raffles Hotel!

We were super excited because 1 month later we will be having our first staycation at Raffles Hotel to celebrate my birthday! Raffles Hotel just reopened in August 2019 after a major refurbishment so I was really looking forward to a stay there. More photos in my next entry! :)

No comments:

; //]]>