Translate

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Karma bites me in the eyes!

In case you don't already know.... I am wearing specs now!

My eyesight was a perfect 6/6 for the past 20years or so.... but recently, my left eye saw things in a blurry mode and my right eye is straining to "correct" the vision by working extra hard on to make up for my left eye.

I was so worried that I bugged Brendan to bring me to his optometrist cos I don't know any good ones since my whole family has perfect vision, and Pipimon is also not wearing spectacles.

So he brought me to his friend in Bukit Gombak.. quite an interesting experience, getting specs done. First he used a machine and asked me to look through and just relax. All I see was a tree on a field. =.=

Next, he brought me into a dark room and put on the demo specs on for me and asked me a few questions while keep changing the lens at non-human speed.. like "Is this blur? Is this better? How does this look? Read line 2 for me? Is this making you dizzy? Can you see line 1?"

He is super efficient and super scary fast!

So within less than 15 mins, he diagnosed me with 25/75 vision, right/left.

Apparantly I don't really need glasses but since I see things blurry at night, he recommended me a few frames that are chic and "in"... I don't really know what is "in", since the only specs I have is a pair Gucci sunglasses, but anyways... with the advice of Brendan I decided on.....



Jason is the owner and he is a very very nice guy. His wife owns a pet shop next door and they have the cutest yorkies! :) I hope I remember his name correctly, if not Brendan will kill me. Wahahahaha.

I'm not advised to wear them daily as I need to have some time to adjust to wearing specs.. and I'm told not to use them when I'm using the computer to prevent dizziness.

So what's your verdict? I think I look more..... sophisticated in specs. LOL!

No comments:

; //]]>