Translate

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Flight Experience at Singapore Flyer

My iPhone god called me out of the blue on Sunday to ask if I wanna fly a plane... T_T"

Scared me out of my wits lah! But he was actually referring to a flight simulation! Turned out that his friend couldn't make it and he asked if I can take her place, so at first I just accepted his offer since I didn't wanna disappoint him (even though I was scared to death of embarrassing myself in front of him and other strangers)

So I told Pipimon about it and he seems super interested in the idea. Moreover he fetched the owner's teenage son before by chance, and he vaguely heard about this from him.

I asked Brendan if Pipimon can take my place, and he said that if there were vacancies, I can join in too! So just now we went down to the Singapore Flyer...

The trial is S$20 for a 15min flight, and it is ultra worth it! We had a briefing session, watched a video, there were tidbits and soda to munch on and it's ultra stress free and relaxing... until you sit in the captain's seat with hundreds of buttons blinking for your attention.

The plane is a Boeing737, and there will be a co-pilot who is a trained commercial pilot, teaching you what are the controls for and what the buttons are for..

That's Pipimon in the pilot seat! :)

Me, Pipimon, Captain Michael, Joanna, Handsome instructor, Brendan

We were sitting behind the pilot seat at the "jump seats" and giving whoever is flying the plane added pressure by making funny/silly comments. Heeheehee. I think I entertained everyone when it was my turn cos they were all laughing non-stop... T_T

At one point, I turned the plane too much left and the warning light came on "Warning! Banking!" and my co-pilot said if it's a real plane, crash landing liao.. T_T But I just told them...

"Don't panic! Don't panic! Budget carrier is like that one! Exciting mah!!"

Before landing, I said:
"Ding ding ding TING! This is your captain, JASMINE speaking, we are landing soon so please fasten on your seatbelts and wear your life jackets in case we crash into the sea and die. Thank you."

This picture was taken by Joanna, the lady boss! She is an ex-stewardess from British Airways and her husband Michael is a pilot! :) Ultra sweet love story lah!

So what are you waiting for! Go to the website now to find out how you can fly a Boeing737 too!


If you want to have a trial instead of the full experience, you may join their meetup sessions! There's one coming up in June! So hurry up and sign up today!

No comments:

; //]]>