Translate

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Meera Spa @ Gili Lankanfushi [Our Honeymoon in Maldives Part 2/4]

Here's part 2 of my honeymoon blog series!


I am the kind of person who plans out the itinerary of her holiday trips way beforehand. Where to go, what to see, what to do, what to eat.. I can't stand going to a destination and not knowing what to do there. I will get very frustrated and feel that it's a huge waste of time. Every moment I spent overseas should be used to enjoy the place, not wasting it on my phone or google trying to plan the day. 

Le hubby is the exact opposite. He is the ultimate chillax king who doesn't plan ahead and likes to "see how" when he's there. The only time I did not take over the planning on a holiday trip is when I tagged along on a trip with him, his cousin + girlfriend to UK & Paris. They planned the trip 6 months prior we both got together so I felt it was very rude to just cut in and take over the itinerary just like that. I just went along with them and nearly burst a blood vessel... 

(((╹д╹;)))

Well, I had lots of fun with them during the trip but they had zero plans except to visit the Manchester United Stadium! 10 days and no plans!! OMG! Every night before we go to bed, the two guys will sit at their laptops and plan the next day's itinerary. We drove 3.5hrs down from Manchester to London and back up to Manchester in the same day, then drive back down again to take the train to Paris and then drive back up again to Manchester for the flight home! I would have booked the flights in-Manchester, out-Paris and plan the accommodation along the way. Then again their initial plan was to stay in Manchester for 10 days (to do what!?!?!??!) and not travel to London or Paris. 

Anyway, the very nature of my job is to plan for holidays & business trips for my customers so it comes to me easily. (And I am also a control freak in some ways lah).

So from now until forever I will be the one in charge of planning for all our holiday trips! He is happy because I won't be angsty and snap at him for being so blur or not planning things properly.

Spot the porcupine duster! ヽ(´・ω・`)、

On the first day when we arrived in Gili Lakanfushi, we had a spa appointment at 4.30pm-6.30pm, just nice for us to relax after our flight and before our dinner!

We enjoyed the spa so much that we went back again the next day for another spa session (different treatments). We contemplated on going back for a 3rd time but decided not to because it's quite excessive (not cheap leh!!) and we wanted to do other stuff around the resort.

This is the reception area where we will be welcomed.

Relaxing while waiting for our spa therapists

Filling in our preferences for the massage

First up.. foot scrub & bath! (~‾⌣‾)~

The couple spa treatment room!

You can choose between 3 different aromatic oils. I usually choose lemongrass.

Wooden box to put our valuables (rings, watches), disposable underwear and a instrument thingy for you to hit when you are ready. Ding! Please come and massage us! Hahahaha!

When lying facedown, we can see fishes swimming around underneath the spa room!

Le hubby in a blissed out mode. Σ( ̄。 ̄ノ)ノ

After our body scrub & massage, it's time for a couple bath! First time soaking in the bath-tub with Le hubby! Teeheehee! It's super big and has lots of space for the two of us.

Our therapist preparing the drinks & munchies..

Champagne (which we didn't drink.. kuakuakua), chocolate fondue & fruits

Two very happy people after their spa session!
(Ɔ ˘⌣˘)♥(˘⌣˘ C)

There's a quiet area on level 2 just about the reception counter where you can just chill and see the waves rolling. The therapist will bring up tea, nuts & fruits for you to much on and there's also magazines around to read if you can pull yourself away from the gorgeous views.

Spa sessions may be expensive (especially in somewhere like a 5* resort in Maldives), but they can really soothe the mind, body & soul of a person. I would go for weekly spa sessions if I am a rich tai-tai! :)

No comments:

; //]]>