Translate

Monday, February 8, 2016

Happy Chinese New Year!

Tong qiang tong qiang!!

It's the first day of Chinese New Year and I'm out visiting Le hubby's relatives. Good thing is there's no annoying or nosy relatives asking irritating questions. 
Le hubby hates clothes shopping. This year I didn't have the time to go buy clothes for him so he went to Uniqlo to get something with red on it. So funny lah! "YO! Mr Strong!". Heeheehee!
I thought this Fortune cat shirt was cute, but they didn't have his size anymore cos he only start searching less than 1 week ago.
He said this design is funny but I think it's very rude and not appropriate for Chinese New Year..

It says "Ho Li Fa" in Mandarin. Literally in English it means "Holy Fuck". So blasphemous and rude lah.... 

If a youngster wore this to ๆ‹œๅนด with me, I'll ask him to go home and change shirt or I'll not give him any angbao. I am a bit old fashioned in some ways... If youngsters come to my house in black clothing, I'll also ask them to go home, just like what ahmah would do. Tsk tsk.
This year my outfit for Day 1 is from Ted Baker! It's a very nice pastel green colour with floral design. Not too ching chong ling long so I can reuse it for work and other occasions.

Wearing old shoes and carrying old bag because I don't have time to shop. Moreover very waste money to buy new things when I already have them. New dress can liao!!! #jasminelogic
This year is the year of the monkey so my angbao theme is Monkey! And since I love Hello Kitty.. It's a Hello Kitty Monkey combo. Hahahaha!

And yes, I'm one of those "crazy" people who spend money to buy nice angbao packets. I can't resist the Sanrio themed ones because the quality is damn good and they always have nice designs each year.
I also got the smaller sized ones. It's similar in design but the Hello Kitty monkeys has the furry effect thingy! Too cute!!
These are too cute! The ribbon and flowers are furry! Love the subtle little monkeys in the corner.
I also bought these for boys.. You know, just in case they feel embarrassed holding a Hello Kitty angbao. ๐Ÿ˜‚
My friend Wany went on a Taobao shopping spree and she helped me buy these cute Line angbaos cos she know I like cute designs. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I'm so tired out from all the visitation. Went to 5 different houses today!!!

Sometimes I miss my carefree single days where I spent CNY lazing around at home, working for extra money and days off, or just hanging out with my other carefree single friends eating steamboat at my place. 

Well, traditions is traditions! Have to just suck it up and bear with it!

No comments:

; //]]>