Translate

Friday, August 20, 2010

Canon DSLR Class

Went to the Canon Digital Lab at Keppel Bay Tower (near Harbourfront Centre) for my DSLR introduction workshop. The workshop is 2 hrs, from 2pm to 4pm.

The registration process was sloppy and they didn't even asked for my warranty or receipt.. the guy at the counter just pointed "that room!" and went back to chatting on the phone...

I was already sian 1/2 when I walked in the room... Cos there were enough chairs for the participants but there's a lot of irritating and inconsiderate assholes who take up 3 seats/spaces each.. like hello?! Your butt so big meh? I didn't care and squeezed my way into the second row from the front screen cos I didn't wanna sit beside a bald guy who had oily scalp. --> I am mean, but I am clean ok!

But I should have sat elsewhere cos his shiny bald head kept distracting me from what the instructor was saying and also blocked my view when I tried to take pictures of the slides... T_T"

The instructor taught us the basic functions of the camera but kept stressing that he is unable to "go beyond the basics as it is not covered in today's introductory workshop but you can sign up for our camera photography workshops".

So basically it's just a 2hrs course on how to press the buttons on your camera, your very expensive camera and should you wanna know how to tweak the functions to produce beautiful pictures you have to PAY to learn.

And of cos, the lens that we have is not good enough cos a good photographer needs a minimum of 2 lens or more and "Canon has a great and wide range of lens" for everyone to BUY.

To me, it's just a prolonged 2hr advertisement on their workshops/courses/lens.

Anyway, I took a picture of the picture shown on the screen that the instructor took of the class..

Can you spot me?

I look like I'm asleep but I was just toggling with my camera.. serious! hahahahahaha!


And here's a screen shot of what are the "Easy modes" for..

I kinda zoned out after a while, I guess photography is not really my cup of tea. Aperture, focus, exposure.. what the?!! I will just stick to auto-mode and let the camera do the job.. if a $2000 camera cannot take good pictures automatically, why bother..?

I know camera enthusiastic will roll their eyes at me and say it's a waste of money, blah blah blah... I don't care lah. I mean, I have 4 digital cameras sitting on the shelf and they don't take really nice pictures, moreover.. Canon is supposed to have "user friendly" functions on their cameras.. So it should be quite easy to use.

So after the class, I went to Harbourfront Centre to have a late lunch before heading home...


Yum yums~

No comments:

; //]]>