Translate

Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Rice Table

Pipimon had the cravings for "The Rice Table", and after 3 weeks of fully booked status, we managed to make a reservation for today by calling in one week in advance.

It's not that the food is fantastic.. it's just that the place is small and service was kinda slow.

First impression when we walked in was: "WAH! SO DARK!".. I told him to watch his step before he kick something or fall cos it's really very dim in the restaurant.. upon further scrutiny, I realized it must be to cover up for the cracks on the ceiling and the horribly dirty carpet.. I even spotted 4 baby cockroaches scurrying on the wall.

T_T"

But I decided to persevere cos we waited so long before coming here, and honestly.. which restaurant doesn't have cockroaches?!

But still... seeing them... =.=

They served all the dishes at one go, you can send back any dish you don't want.. than if you would like more, you just have to order it. It's an ala carte buffet selection.

Nothing to shout about.. fairly passable.. rice is fluffy (good), dishes are too oily (bad), place was dodgy (horrible).

My fave dish is the fruit salad.. ^__^

I had 4 portions of this!! Wahahahhahahaha.

Including drinks we paid around S$35 for the meal after the 15% off for Standard Chartered card holders.. Not too expensive considering the location is at Orchard Road... but we definately won't be going back again. This is what i call OIE --> my new term that I've coined for eateries that barely pass my fussy tastebuds.

OIE = Once is enough :)

No comments:

; //]]>