Translate

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Wedding Dinner Food Tasting at Grand Hyatt Singapore

Been having very bad stomach pains on and off for the past 2 weeks. I was on MC from last Thursday until this Thursday and I am going back to Tan Tock Seng Hospital for further checks again. Hope I get well soon! I can't eat much and I'm severely dehydrated though I kept drinking loads of water..

I went ahead with the food tasting today even though I can't eat much. It's hard to schedule a time where everyone is free so I didn't want to postpone it. I just nibbled and tried the dishes and most of the food I passed to Le bf.. heehee!

Group picture!

Everyone happily eating! :D 

Before the dinner started at 7pm, we had a "Meet the Parents Session Part 2" for Le bf's parents & my mother + her sister (my Emama). My parents are divorced so we had to arrange for 2 separate meet-up sessions and figure out how to reduce any possible conflict on the actual day since they did not have a amicable divorce.

Sarah was our server of the day and she is the best! Attentive yet non-obtrusive! Perfect example of a good wait-staff. She will bring the dish over to me & Le bf and explain the dish to both of us before bringing it to the side table to distribute onto individual plates for everyone. 

Cold Platter with 5 items. This will be the first dish that will be served during the dinner. They will be presented on a big plate on the actual day. 

Yam Paste aka Orh Neeee!

When I was a little girl, I already know what I wanted on my wedding dinner banquet's menu. There are two things that I won't compromise on and I get what I wished for!
1) Absolutely NO SHARK'S FIN!
2) Yam Paste for dessert!

We made changes to the menu based on our preferences. Shall not post pictures of all the food here to keep the menu a surprise!! ^_^

Chef Low is the one in charge of the dishes and he came out to meet us to discuss about the menu after all the dishes were served. He is Teochew too! Same as me! Wahahahahahahaha!! Glad that he is a easy-going and chatty person like me.. :)

The wedding favors!

There are 4 food items to choose for the guests' wedding favors. We didn't want the usual keychain, poker cards, salt & pepper shaker cos those are very cliche (IMHO) and people usually just put them aside and forget about them when they get home. I like the macaroons while Le bf like the chocolate truffles, so we will be choosing those 2 items. I'll ask the hotel to include different flavour/colour for the macaroon cos if it's all pink, it's super boring...

Will have a final meetup with our wedding coordinator again 1 month prior the dinner to finalize all the details cos she was on medical leave today when we went down for the food tasting.

Row 1: My sister, Nathaniel, Pamela & Cheryl
Row 2: Me, Emama, My mother, Mama Chew, Papa Chew & Le bf

Less than 2 months to our wedding day! Lots of things not done yet! Panic mode gonna set in soon!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very happy too for your upcoming wedding. Do you and your le bf, have go to pipimon grave asks for his blessing? or do you still remember about him?
When i am reading your blog about pipimon, i am sure do pipimon so much loved you in his way even though you both had argued a lot in the past.
May you and le bf happily wedding.

Unknown said...

We had a great dinner at my friend's birthday party. They ordered great caters and the ny wedding venue they hired was awesome.

Jasmine Tay said...

Hello Anonymous,

Thank you for your well wishes, though they were worded in such a way I am not sure if you are being sarcastic or sincere.

To answer your question, yes both of us went to his grave last year during his 1st year death anniversary.

I believe that I don't have to seek anyone's permission on how to lead my life, especially from someone whom I don't know at all.

Unknown said...

woo beautiful wedding dinner ideas and i like the dimmer iteams in this filed thanks for wedding planning app

; //]]>