Translate

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Preparing for Chinese New Year!

It's going to be Chinese New Year again in just a few days time! Have you done your spring cleaning? Bought new clothes? If you are married... it's time to prepare red packets!

Le hubby said I am weird because I am one of the rare people who loves giving red packets away. He's very careful with his money so he finds it very painful to part with the money. Haha! I love giving! Even if I don't have a lot I try my best to give.


Super excited cos this year I bought super cute red packets online and also from Universal Studios Singapore! Wheee! It may seem like a lot of designs, but it is easier for me to differentiate between the generic $6/$8/$12 red packets with the higher denomination ones. The smallest one I have is $6 cos I think that $4 is too little. It's 2015 already!! What can $4 get you? Not even a Happy Meal at Mcdonald's.

I think the USS red packets are super cute! Big, shiny and very well made! Strangely, the Minions red packets costs more than the Sesame Street ones. Why like that?

This is the "main"design I am giving out this year to close friends & relatives! It's sheep themed cos it's the year of the sheep! Yay!

Hand written notes with our personalized stamp that my sis got for me.

Le hubby said I put in way too much effort in giving away our money. (-_-)  He is the financial controller. I will ask him things like "Dear, is $18 enough?" and he will reply "$8 can a not?". Wah lao so stingy like giam sng tee! We managed to compromise on the amounts. Higher amounts for the important people like siblings, cousins, parents.. lesser amounts for the acquaintances that we only see once a year. 

I will also give a red packet to the domestic helper at every house we visit. They deserve the money & blessing because it's not easy hosting guests during CNY. They have to clean, cook & help out with so many chores! If you are married and going for visiting, prepare a red packet for the domestic helper ok? It really makes them happy & feel appreciated even though if it's a small amount. 


After a few hours work plus data entry into my excel budget list, my red packet stash is ready! Woohoo! I bet Le hubby is sweating and praying that we don't give out everything so there's balance money that I can deposit back into our joint account. Hahahahhaha!


Yay! My second batch of New Year clothes arrived just in time! I bought some from Dorothy Perkins and they were delivered a few weeks ago. Now I have a few sets of clothes to choose from instead of just having 3 sets. Wheeee!


I got my nails done at The Nail Artelier! I love their nail art designs and this time I got something pink and shiny for Chinese New Year! Didn't really want it to be too red because they are going to be my holiday nails too (provided they last that long) cos I am going to Japan next month with Wany! Yay!

I bought the CNY tidbits & goodies for visiting guests!

CNY decor! I bought the paper cuttings from Taobao! $1 only!

Le hubby just added the lights today and he's very proud of his work.
◦°˚\(*❛‿❛)/˚°◦


I also went to a few CNY markets to stock up on decorations for Mama Chew. I bought the small shiny pineapples and folded them for her so she can hang it in the garden. I wanted to buy the huge pineapple home cos it's so big and round. #YUANYUANDE 

Too bad Le hubby don't let me buy, saying it's too big and there's no place to hang it. Well, I think it's big enough to scare away the birds from eating our goldfishes in the garden! Scarepineapple! But he still said no.

Ok lor. (︶︹︺)

Alrighty.. counting down 4 days to Chinese New Year! Super happy cos it's a fun and festive season where there's always yummy food. But I am dreading the "when are you having a baby" questions from well-meaning friends & family. Hope we don't get too many of those questions.

We are trying for a baby but it takes time right! It's not like in SIMS where we can call and order a baby or something. Le hubby's parents are getting impatient and anxious about being grandparents. My own mother has been nagging at me non-stop each time she sees me. I think she talks about it non-stop to my Emama cos she has been telling me that my mother can't wait to be a grandmother. Patience, people. Patience!!!

No comments:

; //]]>