Translate

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Chinese New Year 2015

Chinese New Year is over! During the first 2 days we went visiting, then the 3rd day we celebrated Cheryl's birthday at Shangri-la. On the 4th day we hosted a gathering at home for some friends at home.

Every year we have to say CNY greetings to Papa & Mama Chew. It has to be purely in Mandarin and we cannot use the same phrases. We also have to use words that is in theme with the year's zodiac. Super stressful cos we are not well versed in Mandarin while both of my parents-in-law were Mandarin educated and they are very smart people. (/.\)

I went to google "Yang" phrases cos it's the year of the Goat.. then I divided up the phrases among the 4 of us so there's no repetition! Hahaha! I did not need the hanyu pinyin cos I can recognize the words. Not noob until damn jialat lah.. I can read most Mandarin words, I just can't write them from memory.

Woke up early to comb my hair properly & put on makeup. Haha!

OOTD for Chinese New year day 1!

New shoes! I love this pair of Melissa. So pretty!!

What's in my bag. All red packets!!

Family picture before heading out for visiting!

************************

On Day 2, I very lamnua. New dress but zero makeup.

With the pretty sisters in law! So happy that I don't look too huge beside them cos they are much smaller sized than me.

************************

Day 4 was at home and we prepared some food for our friends. 2 couples just got married last year so it's their first Chinese New Year as a married couple, while the rest are single so we gave angbaos to everybody! 

Machiam like Oprah Winfrey..
(´∇ノ`*)ノ "Angbao! ANGBAO FOR EVERYBODY!!!!"


************************


On the 7th day we had another family dinner at the airport because I had a flight that night to Tokyo with Wany! I went for a holiday with her from 25th Feb - 8th March. It is our 15th year friendship anniversary trip! I am still consolidating the pictures from our phones & cameras so hopefully I will have the time to blog about it soon. 

゚・✿ヾ╲(。◕‿◕。)╱✿・゚ Meanwhile, go check out my Instagram account for pictures in Japan! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can i know where do u usually buy ur dress all suit u so well.

Jasmine Tay said...

Hi Hui Ying,
I usually buy them online from Dorothy Perkins and Warehouse. I try the sizes in the shops in Singapore and buy from the USA website. :D

; //]]>