Translate

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Nando's @ Bugis

Woke up feeling very feverish today, and decided to call in sick and sleep the fever off.

I'm getting sick so easily nowadays and that's bad bad bad. I am usually quite resilient to illnesses, so it's either i'm old now, or my immune system is really fucked up.

Anyways, Pipimon had to make a trip down to the CPF Board to settle some stuff with his medisave thingy, so we decided to drop by my workplace so I can go and take my phone charger and external battery pack..

Yea, we drove all the way to Ang Mo Kio to take a stupid cable and the batt pack cos it's my off day tomorrow and my phone's batt bar is like 12%, and since I did not plan on taking MC today, I left all my stuff in the office. =.=

So I went to see a doctor in Bishan, then we went to CPF board near Junction 8 before going down to my office.. my boss was like "What are u doing here?!" cos i was supposed to be sick at home. Told him I went down to submit my MC and to take my charger and he was laughing at my silliness.

Anyways, afterwards we decided to go to iLuma @ Bugis for dinner at our fave ThaiExpress restaurant.. but after walking there I found out that I did not bring my membership card and I kinda persuade Pipimon to try Nandos with me since there was no queue when we passed by, and Wany was asking me to accompany her but the queues are usually damn fucking long...

Woah. Big big mistake!

Don't be conned by the stupid banner!

Tasting is believing...
What should be written in Small Print:
... that long queues doesn't mean nice food!

Here's Pipimon scrutinizing the menu... he doesn't have high hopes for the place cos he knows I am ultra fussy.. but hey! If the food is good, it's good right.. regardless of my fussy tastebuds!


I ordered the Angry Mango Burger

And he ordered the half chicken with 2 sidelines...

I don't understand why they call the side dishes, sidelines?!

Anyway you know what pissed me off? I wanted the corn, and the stupid waiter said they don't have corn.. so i pointed to the item in the menu and he said "Oh, we ran out of corn". I asked him if he's sure there's no corn, and he gave me a very definite "Yes" for an answer..

Knn these stupid fucker dunno what he is doing, cos the next 7 plates of chickens I saw being served (yes i counted) HAD THE FUCKING CORN IN IT!

Don't tell me they miraculously grew corn out of nowhere.

Don't tell me the corn was not ready when we placed our orders because he could have told me that, AND i saw people eating corn on the tables next to me and the fucking corn was served to other tables both before and after our meal was served.

CORN DISCRIMINATION AH! chaocheebye!!!

I know i am over-reacting, but i love corn and i hate people lying.

Don't know, go and check.

Don't know, go and ask.

Don't fucking act smart and just say don't have. Don't fucking lie to me!!!!!

As for drinks, we ordered a ice-blended mango and a apple soda.

The waitresses has butter fingers and knocked over my apple soda when she cleared the plates.. she's lucky i have already paid up and was getting ready to leave and my cup was 10% filled.. if not i'll throw a bitch fit and refuse to pay a single cent. First they have lying waiters, next butter-finger waitresses? Oh, close down already!

And they made people queue outside for so long when there were empty tables inside. I counted 5 empty tables that could have sat at least 20 people and they just made people queue. Publicity stunt ah? And also, they should give the menu to people who are queuing so they need not waste time to choose their food when they are finally seated, thus saving time and ensuring that more people can come in and eat their horrible food.

Either they have very bad management, OR they think that making people queue is a free form of advertising.

I think both of the above are applicable.

I usually don't condemn a place that badly, but honestly... this place sucks.

Total bill came up to be $50.25 including the service fee and GST and it's not worth it... Seriously. Take your money and go to Kenny Rogers. The service is faster, more variety of side dishes and much much cheaper.

Nandos. NAHDON'TGO.

P.S// Don't gimme the bullshit saying I am sick therefore my judgement is skewed. My tastebuds are working perfectly fine. I just had a headache and a fever which does not impair my ability to enjoy good food. And I was in a perfectly good mood that day until I went in for dinner. Luckily Pipimon managed to cheer me up afterwards by buying me my fave cup of watermelon tango from Rockery.

No comments:

; //]]>