Translate

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Nathaniel!

We were invited for his birthday celebrations at Barracks Cafet~

The restaurant is located at House, on Dempsey Hill..

He made reservations for a table for 14, but in the end only 7 of the invitees turned up and there were only 8 of us there..

I will be damn pissed if I invited people to my birthday celebration and they don't turn up without a valid reason... especially if I am paying for the meal and bought a $100 cake (which Nat did).

Choco, Janice, Vivien, ChingHwang were there.. together with Nat's friend Myers and me and Pipimon..

While waiting for our food, we chatted and caught up with each other's lives... I feel very distanced from my ex-colleagues as we are in different circles now. I think Nat feels the same way too.. And I am glad to know that his new bunch of colleagues are much better and not so cheapo than some of his ex-colleagues..


My "Seared Foie Gras" S$37
Served with aged balsamic and roasted shallots, smoked duck breast and topped with potato mousseline


Pipimon's "House Rib Eye Steak" S$30
Served with grilled artichokes, blanched crunchy broccolini and homemade gooseberry port-wine sauce


Nat's very expensive and super delicious Strawberry Shortcake from Glaze


Group picture with the birthday boy! :)


Choco tied the ribbon on the present on Nat's head.. hahahahahahaha!

The food was passable, but a bit on the expensive side... service was abit slow. I wonder why...

Earlier on, I advised him to choose a buffet venue at some high-class hotels like Ritz or Fullerton, but he wanted "something special". T_T

I would have chosen a buffet dinner at a hotel so there'll be no stress on the invitees to order food and they can have a wide variety of food to choose.. from appetizers to desserts.. and I'll have no stress when the bill comes cos it's fixed price per head. Moreover we need not worry about latecomers as we can just go and grab the food first and eat while we wait..

Nathaniel spent over S$300 for the total bill.. and that's without desserts and drinks! Well.. he ordered a Tiffin punch that has 4 cups of drinks to share... but if we ordered drinks and soups and desserts, he'll have to spend like over S$500 for the meal... Anyway, it's his birthday so he gets to choose the place! :)

A big thank you to Nathaniel, who treated us the dinner!

No comments:

; //]]>