Translate

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

House searching is a major pain

Alright.. more than 2 weeks ago I said that I am not concerned or stressed about looking for a house.. but now I am panicking because I have exactly 11 days before I am evicted.

I have view several units and it's either too expensive or the vibe is not good.

A 3 bedroom unit in a good location is going for a minimum of $2300 to $2400. I have to pay my own utility bills and it's crazy because I am not earning that much! It's crazy to spend a huge portion of my salary on rent!

One month rental is equal to my current 2 years rental because I am renting directly from the government and it's really very cheap. I am being evicted because the contract was void when Pipimon passed away last November. They are allowing me to stay till end March due to "compassionate reasons" but it is strictly non-extendable if not they will threaten me with legal action, blah blah blah.

The best unit so far is the studio apartment at Pearl Bank near Outram Park MRT but they are asking for $2300 and it's way above my budget. :(

Brendan went with me on all my house viewings and we basically agree on the same things for each unit. It's either too big for me, too small for me, too expensive or just not right.

There are lots of people renting out houses and rooms but one main consideration against me is I have Chloe and owners don't really like pets -- no matter how cute or tame Chloe is. My profile is perfect (according to the housing agent), single/female/working professional/chinese/local BUT I have a dog which I refuse to give up.

I am not sure on what to do now. Instead of renting a whole unit I can set my expectations lower and rent just one master bedroom or a room with an attached bathroom.

We found a bedroom with an attached bathroom near Nex Mall, Serangoon for $1500 but it's still a huge chunk of my salary for a small space.

OMG. I really don't know what to do. It's so stressful and I am so stressed out that my health is suffering now.. *sad face*

I am really sick and tired of the whole process of packing, throwing stuff, moving, settling down and then moving again. :(

No comments:

; //]]>