Translate

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Girl's Day out With Wany (POTC)

Finally another full day of Girl's Day out with Wany! Well, almost full day since we met around 3pm++.. But anyways, we went to Canele at Shaw! :)

There's a tea-time special from 3pm to 5.30pm!

You can choose any tea or coffee in the tea-time special menu together with a slice of cake or 3 pieces of Macarons and/or chocolate pralines! Good deal? Actually if you calculate you can save around S$3 to S$4 so not too bad. :)

Wany was caught in the jam from her home cos it was raining like mad dogs & cats! Not just normal cats and dogs, but mad ones! Cos it was so heavy, it very nearly flooded Orchard Road again! I tweeted and joked that Wany have to bring a life jacket or canoe along! Hahahahahaha! So she was a little late and I ordered the Crab & Corn soup to eat first cos I was super hungry..

When my soup came, I was like O_O "Why so much?".. cos I remembered the portion at Raffles City was really little.. than I took out my camera and scrolled back and compared the soups...

Top: Mushroom Soup at Raffle's City branch
Bottom: Crab & Corn Soup at Shaw's branch

Firstly the crab & corn soup is S$9.50 and cost S$1 more than the Mushroom Soup. Secondly if you think the S$1 gives me the extra portion, I think not cos Wany ordered the crab & corn at Raffles City and the portion was the same as my mushroom soup!

So either the chef was feeling generous at the Shaw's outlet.. the soup is turning bad? Or the Raffles City outlet one really really sucks.

Wany ordered the crepe! I wanted to order one too but I was super full from the double-portioned soup and wanted to keep my tummy space for desserts! :)

We ordered 2 tea-time special sets. One slice of strawberry shortcake with a cup of Cafe Latter each. Also ordered extra 2 pieces of the yummy caramel macarons! I think we have super similar tastes! Haha!

Yummy cake! But strawberry looks dirty! -_-

The macaron on the right had more caramel and I was very nice to Wany.. I gave her that piece! haha!

Our Cafe Latte! :)

Surprise! After drinking, there is a message inside the cup!
Stressed = Desserts
SO COOL!

We went to DFS Galleria to look at the Burberry range cos Wany wanna buy a bag too.. than we walked around Isetan and saw Gwen Stefani's new perfume! So cute! But I still prefer my usual "Love, Chloe" perfume. :)

Went to the Isetan bakery at B1 and bought some bread to bring home. She bought for her mummy and I bought for Pipimon... and of cos, we had to find some corner for her to sit and repack her bread...

She's super anal, or she said her mum is super anal about bread. Cannot be squashed and stuff.. I don't like squashed bread, but I don't go and repack the bread I bought from the bakery lor.. T_T"

Than it's movie time!

Honestly, I don't think IMAX is worth the S$19 ticket price. I believe their weekend prices will be higher. The seats are the same sizes as the normal cinemas, the air-con was super pathetic.. feeling so hot! But of cos there are people who will complain it's cold -- same type of people who wear jackets under Singapore's hot sun. There are no toilets inside so you have to run out to the main toilets (You would think they will at least invest in 1 or 2 nice toilets inside?)

But the specs are more sturdy than the usual flimsy 3D specs offered by most cinemas.. so that's a plus point. Also the screen is super duper big like mad, so it's good for watching 3D shows.. But other than these two points, I don't see what justify the ticket price... -- OH! I think it's paying for the copyright of the IMAX technology.

At least I tried it! Next time I will top up a bit more and watch GV Gold Class at Vivocity.. Still my fave movie experience! Not to mention their food are quite yummy! :)

As for our movie, Pirates of The Caribbean (Part 4), I guess it's good riddance to Kiera Knightly and Orlando Bloom.. they were OK in Part 1 but the subsequent sequels were rather blah blah. They have no real chemistry and they had to try to hard to fit in with the rest of the talented crew.. New additions to the movies rock! I love the mermaids! Pretty but vicious! Haha! Looking forward to Part 5!

After movie it's dinner time!

We had a late dinner at Ion Orchard's 4Fingers! My fave chicken wings in Singapore -- so far. But the standards are dropping.. I don't know why.. I think they changed some of the ingredients in the fried chicken or tweaked the receipe cos it's not the same as the first few times I tried it. Hope they improve or at least maintain this slight lower standard cos if it slides further... I'm gonna boycott it.

Not really cheap you know! 6 pcs of drums and wings for S$9.95! That's like 3 full-joint wings plus fries and a small cup of soft drink for S$9.95! One of the most expensive fast food in Singapore!

I need to go pack my luggage now.. flying tomorrow to Jakarta! :)

No comments:

; //]]>