Translate

Monday, May 2, 2016

Branche Hair Salon | Angelina Tea Room & Patisserie

I always wanted to cut my fringe, but all the other hairstylists I go to say I have big face and I don't suit having bangs cos it makes my face shorter and bigger. 😒😒😒😒 
Branche
I went to Branche Hair Salon at Capitol Piazza. They have this awesome private room where there's total privacy. Super awesome. 

My hairstylist is Kai, who is the salon manager and the top stylist there. He charge $180 per hair cut which is not the most expensive I paid before.. But he is the best cos he gave me very chio bangs! 
I don't have to leave the room cos the chair inside is a YUME chair (which means dream chair) and it transforms into a flatbed chair when my hair needs to be washed.. The basin is pushed towards me and I don't have to move at all. Damn shiok!! 

Whenever Kai has transform the chair to wash my hair he will say "prepare for roller-coaster ride". Hahahahhahahaha! 😂
There is a drinks menu where you can order champagne, matcha, premium fruit tea, Mount Fuji mineral water... All free of charge. Wooo!!
Branche
They even have a dedicated bar counter in the salon. So atas. 

All the stylist are Japanese and they can speak English quite well. Super impressed with the service and Kai's skills. 

Usually the top hairstylist will just cut your hair and apply the colour for you, leaving their assistants to shampoo and blow-dry your hair.. But Kai did every step from start to finish! 

The salon also have a 14 days guarantee in writing that if you are not satisfied, you can go back anything for a free re-do!
Branche
Tadahh! Picture of my hair from the back. 

Super love the colouring and subtle highlights!
Branche
Free Sakura shampoo (first on the left)! 

I bought the hair treatment and their in-house brand shampoo and conditioner which was used during my visit. All of them smells heavenly. (I am a sucker for smells). Usually I don't buy products from salons cos they are overpriced and I buy my shampoo and conditioner wholesale. But I just can't resist these!!!! 😍

Overall.. I spent a few hundred dollars... Don't wanna say how much in case my husband reads this. Ssshh!

The men don't get it.. 😂
Angelina Tea Room & Patisserie
After my hair cut, I went for dinner with Wany at Angelina! She is the first person who saw my new hair! Heeheee. 

It is value for money cos of the Amex Platinum 50% off discount... But I wouldn't pay full price because the food is not worth the price they are charging.

The desserts are boring and mains are mediocre. Not sure why people are raving over the place on instagram. Either they paid too much and must say it's nice to justify their spending, they are deluded and never taste good food before, or they are paid bloggers.
Angelina Tea Room & Patisserie
We ordered 2 mains and a truffle fries to share. 

The mushroom risotto tasted weird.. I can't identify the weirdness.. Like there's this sour taste but it's not rotten.. Just. Weird..😒
Angelina Tea Room & Patisserie
Desserts were underwhelming. The macarons were sad lah.. Considering Angelina is a French restaurant from France... Tsk tsk. 

The cheesecake was too sour and the chocolate cake was not dense enough. I had the same chocolate cake with Le hubby when we visited last month and it was way better. Why liddat one!!

But... 50% off cannot complain. Just that it's not worth the hype or the price.
🎉HAPPY NEWS!!

I'm going to Perth for 2 weeks!! Wany is joining me for 4 days and she's never been to Perth so I'll bring here around all the nice cafes and touristy places.

Can't wait to see my best friend Tabby too! It's been 6 months since I last saw her when I visited last year.

Tabby told me it is "Uggs weather" now in Perth cos it's cold.. So I can wear the Ugg boots which I bought in San Francisco! Yayyyy! I only wore them once last year and I can wear them again! 😊

No comments:

; //]]>