Translate

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Birthday brunch at Prive cafe


Had a belated birthday celebration with the family at Prive Cafe (Keppel Bay) today! I made the reservations using Chope's mobile app. It's super easy and allows you to make reservations anytime during the day because you don't have to call the restaurant during it's opening hours. 

I had French Toast with Gula Melaka

My dish was the cheapest on the menu (you can see the menu & prices on the Chope app) at $12++. It was good, but I think that the Gula Melaka sauce was too cloying sweet and tasted more like syrup than Gula Melaka. The toast was good together with the bananas.

Eggs Benedict

Rest of the family ordered Eggs Benedict $16++ or the Prive's Ultimate Brekkie $20++. Those are also not spectacular and Cheryl had to send back her Ultimate Brekkie because the eggs were not cooked properly.

Cafe Latte

You can choose indoor or outdoor sitting and we chose indoor cos the weather in Singapore is just too darn hot. Unfortunately we did not know how cold the indoor sitting was! We sat in the corner and the aircon was crazy cold! Even drinking hot water and a Cafe Latte didn't make my goosebumps go away..

What a dilemma right? Sit outside = too hot. Sit inside = too cold.

They should really do something about the aircon's temperature!
Surprise birthday cake!

My 2 sister-in-laws went to order a slice of chocolate cake for me to surprise me! Pink candle too! :) We were all so full from the breakfast so luckily they only ordered one slice and everyone can share. Thank you thank you girls!
"Make a wish!"


Must.take.picture!!!

There's a surcharge for BYOC (bring your own cake) so do take note if you want to bring along a cake from outside to celebrate an event there. I think the amount was a ridiculous $20 or something... I was told that when I put in the special remark "Celebrating birthday" in the app. Most restaurants would have wish the birthday person a happy birthday and be happy to throw in a free dessert but Prive would like to remind you (twice in our case) that you will be charged a fee if you bring in outside cakes.

Le Hubby and me!

After brunch we left separately because everyone had their own plans (it's a Saturday anyway). Both of us went to Vivocity for a movie before heading home. We watched Escape Plan and it's really a good movie! Go catch it if you have the time.

I think I'll go lie down and have a nap.. my medication are really strong and always makes me super sleepy... Le hubby just went out to run some errands for Mama Chew so I can roll around on the bed by myself! :D

No comments:

; //]]>