Translate

Friday, October 11, 2013

Preparing for Asher's 1st birthday party

I was discharged from the hospital yesterday and just in time for Asher's birthday party tomorrow! Initially I was so worried that I will have to stay over the weekend  but thank God I was discharged just in time!

As a birthday present for the baby boy, I offered to buy the party decorations and goody bags for the children who will be attending. 

Last week I went and bought the tidbits and planned to pack it into the popcorn boxes which I ordered from Partycity.com but unfortunately I was hospitalized and the popcorn boxes only arrived a few days ago so I only had time to do it today... but all is well cos there's still time! :)

 Stuff I bought from Choco Express & Cold Storage

I only found out about Choco Express when I went to Hougang Mall last week to buy some stuff. I was attracted by their 20% discount and large variety of candy.. and I bought enough to be their member (twice over). LOL! They have quite a few outlets in Singapore, which goes to show how seldom I go out to the shopping malls in Singapore except for Nex Mall which was near my old place.

Packing time!!!! 

I super love packing and preparing for goody bags. I don't know why, but I just do. It's so... fun!!! I love party preparations and organizing parties and meetups! My sister & some of my friends said I should quit my job and set up my own party planning company.. but sometimes doing what you love for a living may suck the passion out of you. I think it's good to do it as a hobby instead of a living because when work obligations gets in the way of fun, it's not fun anymore.. I am obviously not a person who highly advocates "Do what you love and you will never work in your lifetime.".. it's a very debatable phrase.

Le hubby said I look really pale & sickly and he hopes I will have a healthy tan when we go to Maldives next week, which is HIGHLY unlikely because I prefer being fair skinned to being tanned (no offense to people who love tanning). I already have freckles which will just mutate in size if I go out into the sun! And it's so hard to maintain being fair yet so easy to be tanned. Just sit in the sun for a few hours and you will be tanned, but it much more effort to become fair. I will not totally avoid the sun in Maldives lah.. just double/triple layer of sunblock and try to walk in the shade as much as possible. Hahahahaha!

Anyways, gotta sleep early cos the medicine is making me really drowsy. Good night everyone!

No comments:

; //]]>