Translate

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Extreme Thirst

I'm feeling thirsty all the time.. and it's the kind of parched thirst that is horrible to endure.

I drink so much water, I'm almost passing colourless urine... but I'm still thirtsy! Ohmyfuckinggod! My tongue is swollen from thirst and keeps bumping into my braces and now I have an ulcer on my tongue! T_T"

My teeth don't hurt anymore.. now it's just the thirst that's bothering me, and also the bracket from the top left hand side of my braces.. it kept poking onto the inner walls of my cheek and getting "stuck".. my sister says it's because my mouth is too dry.... well, drinking water doesn't seem to help.. I'm like a bottomless pit that no amount of water can seem to satisfy!

To give you an idea of how much water I am drinking... it's around 1 to 2 large coke bottles of plain water PER HOUR. And I estimate I am drinking around 15 litres of water a day which is almost FIVE TIMES of the recommended amount.. AND I AM STILL THIRSTY!

Goddammit!



Polydipsia is a medical symptom in which the patient displays excessive thirst.[1] The word derives from the Greek πολυδιψία,[2] which is derived fromπολύς (polys, "much, many") + δίψα (dipsa, "thirst"). An etymologically related term is dipsomaniac, meaning an alcoholic.

So I am a WATERHOLIC!!??!

WHAT THE HELL! I really need to go and see a doctor. Like real soon!!

Update: 
I went for a medical checkup and full blood tests because the doctor suspected that I might have diabetes.. But thank God the results were negative! :)

No comments:

; //]]>