Translate

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mooncakes + Ahmah's wake

I don't really fancy mooncakes cos they are too sweet.. but Pipimon loves them, especially the ones without yolk. He likes the traditional baked type, not those fancy snow-skinned mooncakes..

We went to Vivocity to watch a movie and saw that there was a mooncake fair... walked around, and he sampled some of the mooncakes and we left without buying any cos he refused to let me buy for him..

Then, I met Wany few days back at Tampines for dinner after my medical checkup at RafflesMedical.. there was also a mooncake fair at Tampines Mall and Wany asked if I got buy some for Pipimon cos she knows he like to eat mooncakes.. than I told her Pipimon is waiting for people to buy for him cos he can't bear to spend $40 to $60 on a box of mooncakes.... and he refused to let me buy for him cos "my money is also his money".. T_T"

So Wany asked what type of mooncakes he liked, and I told her he like the cheap cheap ones.. those traditional brown types with boring white lotus fillings without yolk..

AND SHE REALLY GO AND BUY FOR HIM LAH!

Wah lao eh! So paiseh can! Somemore she said the White Lotus without yolk is hard to find cos now Singaporeans like to eat those fancy snow-skinned Durian mooncakes and not a lot of people like the yolkless traditional types... She finally found the Shangri-la mooncakes and it's freaking $50 a box for 4 lah!!

Where to find this type of friend you tell me!? Love you Wany! :)

Wany also accompanied me on Friday & Saturday nights at my grandma's wake.. Thank you girl! :) It's less lonely when she's there with me cos I've not spoken to my extended family for 4 years and I don't want to answer their kpo questions on my life/work blah blah.. but good thing is they are too busy with the preparations and I've not very forthcoming about idle chit-chat so i can avoid talking to much with them.

My ex-team manager, Effendy also went down last night (few hours ago).. he's so sweet! He smsed me at 10.25pm to ask me where the wake was, and I told him the location and also informed him I can only go back around midnight cos I was out with Wany having a late dinner/supper. Then I kept trying to persuade him not to come, and he kept insisting it's OK and he's willing to wait and he will attend!! He waited till midnight for me and sat for around 2hrs with me at the wake! Dammn paiseh!! Cos he had to wait so long for me, come all the way to Tampines... moreover he's my team manager for a short period of only less than 2 months before I was transferred to another team, and he gave $100 as contribution!! My aunt say he look super young, and he IS super young lah.

Anyways, blessed to have such nice people in my life. :)

Been sleeping at ungodly hours these two nights.. hope I can tune my timing back! It's 6.45am and I've not slept a wink!! Ahhhh!!!

No comments:

; //]]>