Translate

Monday, September 20, 2010

Spa Experience at Petopia Singapore

I always bring Chloe for a grooming session every 2 weeks as I want to maintain her coat and keep long hair for her.

I don't understand why do these people want to buy a Maltese if they want to cut botak for the dog! It's so utterly depressing! Imagine shaving your own head bald.. won't you feel depressed? Maltese are quite vain dogs, so you can't blame them for being sad or having a "sad sad" face if you shave their beautiful fur away!

If they don't bother to comb their dog's fur everyday or bring it for fortnight grooming, than they should buy a short coat dog like a chihuahua or a pug or something.. best is not to buy a dog since they don't want to make the effort to love their dogs. It's not about giving your dog food + water + treats everyday.. You have to take out at least 30mins each day to comb and brush their fur.. and as for Chloe, I always tie her hair and clip it nicely with a cute clip! She loves the brushing session!! :)

Instead of going back to our usual groomer, I decided to bring her for a special treat at Petopia yesterday afternoon!

This is the "after" look when I brought her home.
They gave her a beautiful pink ribbon :)

I've been their Facebook fan for quite some time but only decided to bring her there now as she has finished her final vaccination jab and also I want to bring her there before there's a lot of people clamoring to make appointments as they will be featured on Channel U's program this week.


She received a souvenir of her grooming session~ :)

I was shown around the place by one of the partners, Marcus. He's very friendly and showed me the grooming area, the pet hotel area and also the spa area. Super beautiful and nice place! :)

The spa and healing area has special bathtubs and infra-red lamps for clay pack treatments.. And Chloe enjoyed herself a lot! Look at her! So calm and drowsy.. and she actually fell asleep. :)

The hairdryer is a special made one for dogs with long coats to prevent frizziness.. It has ionizing effects and also not too loud so the dogs won't be frightened by the noise..


She was smiling throughout the hair cutting session! :)

Chloe enjoyed herself a lot and I also had a great time as I was able to see her thru the viewing glass.. The whole process took over 2 hours and she smells sooo lovely now. :)

I think another reason she is feeling happy is because she was able to see me throughout the whole process and the groomers did not stress her out by scolding her or putting pressure on her.. Being in a relaxed environment made her very relaxed and also very easy to coax. ^_^

The next time I go, I'll bring my camera and take better and nicer pictures of the place and also the 5 dogs owned by the owners.. The dogs are running around the place and they are super tame and smells really nice! :D

7 comments:

Cheryl Heng said...

Hi,

How much did you spent for the grooming?

Thanks.

Jasmine Tay said...

Hihi,

Basic grooming is S$40. The spa and everything total almost S$110+ :)

Anonymous said...

The link is broken. Do you have their contact number?

Unknown said...

The Staff of Petopia are liar from Patricia who was left Petopia and followed by Claudia..

I thought people who work at Petopia should love dogs and would treat us who is a dog lover as a friend and will not tell any promised and after that they said they never promised us like what actually they told us

If you ever experience the same thing, you would know what I mean and it really hurts me. It's like I was dreaming when they talked to us

Unknown said...

Hi, I post my comment earlier kindly ignore as actually it is the staff faulth, the owner Mr Marcus is a very kind and nice person especially to the dogs, he is a dog lover

Unknown said...

Hi,
I post my comment earlier, kindly ignore as it is the staff faulth. The owner, Mr. Marcus is actually a very kind and nice persons especially to dogs. He is a trully dog lover. Thanks

Jasmine Tay said...

Hi Fonny, the owners at Petopia are really nice & friendly. I am sorry to hear of your bad experience. I've not been there for a long time so i am not sure if the staff are the same as before. Hope all is well!

; //]]>