Translate

Friday, September 3, 2010

Super Star Virgo sucks





Well, if you ask me.. how was it? I will say: "Fucked up."

Seriously... it's like Star Cruise has turned into Suck Cruise... the last time I boarded a Star Cruise was way back... I think almost 10years back.. and I've sailed on several of the cruises.. more than 10 times for sure.. since my parent were avid gamblers cruisers..

Anyways, the cruise has downgraded and become super low class. It's like Genting Highlands on the seas.. Not surprisingly since it's owned by the Genting World Group... but still!??!

The food was so bad, I dreaded meal times. And we found out that the executive chef is a Malaysian... which explains the sub-standard fare... well, I've nothing against Malaysians... or Malaysian chefs... BUT the food is no standard at all! Even the supposedly "fine dining" at the Bella Vista restaurant was horrible!

e.g: Coq au vin = Braised soya sauce chicken (with a dash of red wine)

Like.. what the fuck!??!?!

And the buffet..... wah lao eh. It's like prison food! They even had orange plates used in prisons to put the food in. OMG!

Another disappointment was Redang Island.. I went there for the 1st time, four years ago with Yaya and Money and the Marine Park was teeming with fishes and coral life.. now? It's all dead coral, the water is too warm and the fishes population has dropped to 5% compared to four years ago. Is it global warming? Tourism? Or neglect?

I don't know.. it's so sad to see dead coral everywhere and so little fishes in that area considering it's an enclosed area with a net surrounding it.

Sighs.

Thank god I went before this sad situation happened... I really wanna go Maldives or the Great Barrier Reef before global warming destroy the beautiful corals and kill all the fishes..

Kinda regret going on this cruise.. waste of time, money and I had to put up with horrible food and a lousy bed (wanted Queen but they give me single beds!) and lumpy pillows. Bah!

No comments:

; //]]>