Translate

Friday, January 7, 2011

2010 at a glance..

Year 2010 has been a relatively good year for me!

Despite it being a Tiger year and people always saying when it's your Zodiac year it won't be a smooth one.. Oh wells!

On 04 January, me & Pipimon finally moved to a whole unit house instead of renting just a room (which we have been doing for the past few years).


House keys & my Tokyo Disneyland Minnie Keychain :)

The location is fantastic! It's 3mins walk away from Boon Keng MRT station and there's Macdonalds, KFC, Nice Zichar stall, Selegie Beancurd, Wet Market, Atas Manicure shop, lots of snacks stalls, 2 coffeeshops, 1 hawker centre, UOB Bank.. Love it!

Than on 15 March, Pipimon bought me my 4th digicam (also the 2nd one he bought for me), which is the Samsung PL150! It has dual screen capability so I can take nice self-shots at ease! :D It also has lots of fun modes like Fish Eye, etc.. And I love it sooo soo much!

Than less than 2 weeks later, on 28 March, Pipimon bought me a brand new laptop! ^^



We shopped around for a long time before deciding on the Asus A42J laptop. Even though the Pink Sony laptop was more attractive looking, I decided on this laptop instead as the specs are fantastic and Asus is a reliable electronics manufacturer. Also, it's approved by Brendan! :) He was so nice to helped me choose the laptop over the phone cos he was busy to come down to help me choose. 

I quit my 3yrs+ job in Commonwealth Travel (CTC Holidays) as I felt that my remuneration doesn't reflect the effort I put in.. moreover I can never be part of the "Pet Society" in the company no matter how hard I work.. So I left for greener pastures~

My ex-colleagues threw a farewell dinner for me on 25 April.Sadly, I kept in contact with a few of them as many of them drifted apart from me.

It's strange to see how your ex-colleagues who proclaimed you their best friend/buddy suddenly avoid you or become cold towards you. Shows you how cruel this world can be.. Is it shameful to be associated with someone who has left the company? Is it a stigma?

Brendan sent my resume in to Apple and I passed the interview. Started work on 17 May and made friends with a bunch of fun loving people!


The training lasted 1 month and I learnt a lot in the company. I am able to see how efficient a company can be if it hires good employees and have good managers around to oversee matters. Compared to some of the other companies I've worked for.. Apple is like light years ahead.

I just feel pissed off when people ask me for discounts when they find out I am working in Apple. It's like me asking for free money from someone who works in the bank. Same theory.

On 16 June, I made the BEST purchase in my life!

Chloe!

She makes me smile everyday and I love her to bits! She is worth every cent (a lot a lot of money) and time I spend on her. :)

We planned on getting a toy poodle at first, I even named her Sophie.. However the shop owner was super dodgy and deceitful and we forfeited S$300 of our deposit due to no fault of our own. They kept saying that the dog I "booked" was sick and kept pressuring me to take another puppy and refused to return my full deposit of S$500. I just have to say:
AVOID DOG FARMS AND PET SHOPS AT PASIR RIS FARMWAY

On 15 Aug, I bought the most expensive camera of my life!

Unfortunately, I am not using it very often cos it's damn heavy and difficult to use. T_T" A bit regret.. haix. But what's bought is bought. =.=

On 1st September, Pipimon and I went for a cruise onboard Star Vigro!


It's Pipimon's maiden voyage on a cruise, but I was very disappointed cos the standards dropped vastly compared to the last time I went.. which was like years ago. Our next cruise won't be onboard a Star Cruise, but either the Royal Caribbean or Costa Cruises.

On 4 Sept, one of my lifelong wish came true! ^^


I went to put braces!

My mum was too stingy (even though she has the money) to let me put braces on when I was younger. She sponsored my sister but, as usual.. I was left with nothing.

** To add on to that, I am sick and tired of her telling everyone what an unfilial daughter I am. Come on lah.. she's the one who bring my siblings out for dinners WITHOUT inviting me and when I confront her she says "You so busy, so I never ask you". You never ask how you know I busy? And the only TWO occasions she asked me out was 1hr before the dinner. Hello? People no need to plan ah? I got work or appointments too you know! Not to mention she going on holidays with them -- latest one to Thailand without telling me or having the courtesy to ask me. Maybe I flatter myself too much in thinking that I am welcomed.. but if I am not welcomed to any of the gatherings, stop saying shit to strangers and other people that I am a unfilial daughter. IT'S DAMM FUCKING IRRITATING AND ANNOYING. At least my sister SMS me to inform me she's going Thailand with her brother and mother, but oh.. who cares or gives a shit about the eldest sister? Yea yea. Piss off. Not that I am childish, but I don't think I am gonna invite them to my wedding/child's 1st month and all other important occasions in my life. **

Bah.. I don't need to deal with shit like that. 

On 18th October, I celebrated my 24th birthday at home! :)

It's a small mini gathering and it was super fun! :)

I also went to USS Universal Studios Singapore TWICE in two months. Many thanks to Tim Tim who scored cheaper tickets for us. ^^ Though there was some drama about Pipimon stomping off and leaving halfway. Stupid idiot. In the end me and Tim continued and had a great time without him.

On 1st November, I quit my Apple job as it was quite mundane dealing with technical issues customers faced with their Apple products. I am not a very technical person, though I have strong customer skills (which was the main reason they hired me), but overall I had to be technical to be able to deal with those issues and also advance higher. I kinda miss the job though, but I don't miss the food because the canteen opp the building serves shitty food. I always dread lunchtime cos I will feel hungry and there's nothing nice for me to eat. Sigh.

27 November, I led my 1st tour since January 2010.. 10 months gap. I led a tour to Korea and flew there 1 day earlier than the group as the SQ flight on 28 November was packed to the brim. I was hoping there's business class seat so my boss can upgrade me (haha!) but even that was also fully booked.

Subsequently I led another tour to Hokkaido, followed by Central Japan and lastly Taiwan. Comparing the standard to my previous companies.. I must say this company I am working for has lower tour fares but better hotels and food standards. The Japan and Taiwan local land operator are the same for both companies, so it's similar but the hotels are better. For example, at Shangrila Farm in Taiwan we stayed in the new wing facing the mountain with double Queen beds. I met my ex-colleague at the same place and her group was staying in the old wing.. I showed her the picture of my room and she was super jealous, saying her rooms was full of "bugs". LOL!

I am currently back in the travel trade, but I am not sure if I am staying for long as somehow my 8 characters are more suitable to be in a career that involves land. I am still thinking what I can do that involves land (Tu = Earth), but meanwhile, I am gonna enjoy the ride~ I am stronger and wiser now and will not let evil people take advantage of my kindness. I am also more experienced so I need not take shit from idiotic retards anymore.

My 2010 Resolutions
  1. Lose weight (Succeeded than failed)
  2. Save at least 20% of my net income (Failed)
  3. Go to Perth and visit Tabby! (Failed)
  4. Clean the house more often (Semi-succeeded)
  5. Cook dinner at home, at least twice a week (Failed)
  6. Blog at least once a week, unless I am overseas (Semi-succeeded)
  7. Be nicer and have more patience towards people (Semi-succeeded)
  8. Ensure that Pipimon quit smoking for good this time (Semi-succeeded)
  9. Psycho Pipimon to buy me a pink diamond ring! (Failed)
  10. Buy a dog! (Succeeded)
So you see, the only thing that I 100% succeeded was to buy a dog! :) I don't wanna make any resolutions for 2011.. But I wish that it will be great! ^^

No comments:

; //]]>