Translate

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Manicure & Pedicure!

Sometimes I think CNY is super over-rated.

Why? Cos everything has "CNY Surcharge" slapped on it.

Wanna do your hair? Add S$20 for CNY!

Wanna do your nails? Add S$10 per service for CNY!

Wanna groom your dog? Add S$15 for CNY!

I think it's FOS (Full of shit) that retailers have the cheek to charge extra during this period, especially if they are doing it much much earlier than CNY. It's barely 2 weeks to CNY and they are already charging extra!

I'll most likely be leading a tour during CNY so poor Pipimon and Chloe will be alone at home. But I am so sicken by the nonsense charges that all businesses are imposing that I am refusing to go shopping or whatsoever during these few weeks.

Well, I went for a manicure + pedicure BEFORE the CNY surcharges were imposed to pamper myself, cos my feet were super dry and my nails are super horrible after 4 overseas trip to winter countries with dry dry weather.

This is apparently some new funky way to give the "leopard prints" effect. The base colour (pink) is applied first, than the black colour. After a few seconds, the black colour "shifted" into leopard prints shapes.. some chemical reaction special effects which I found cool but had to pay S$11 extra for. Worth it though.. cos it's super chio! Imo. :)

The nail colours are by OPI's Katy Perry range and it has cute names like "Teenage Dream", "California Gurls", etc.

No comments:

; //]]>