Translate

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Pipimon's 38th Birthday Weekend~

[30 & 31 January 2011]

For the record, he wants to remain 28yrs old forever and has reminded me at least 5 times that he has stopped counting his birthday and I should stop reminding how old he is.... =X Wahahahahahahha!

We had lunch at Thai Accent, Vivocity at Yaya's recommendations..

The food are quite pricey, and service is a hit-and-miss..

Pipimon already warned me before we go that despite Yaya's high recommendations, he's afraid that my expectations of food are too high and my tastes may be different from Yaya's...

To give it some credit, the Tom Yum soup is really delicious but the fried rice was served cold! I think it's ridiculous that fried rice can be served cold.. and it's super unforgivable! Just some simple dishes and it's over S$60.. so I don't think I will be going back anytime soon.

After the lunch, we went to watch "It's a Great Great World" at GV Vivocity. Pipimon slept thru most parts cos he said there's too much talking and not much action. Personally I prefer more emphasis on the set than on the people.. but of cos, building an elaborate set costs $$$! :)

Than we went for desserts at Cafe Gelare! It's tucked in the corner and is newly opened. Service is not that fantastic, but the waffles are nice. :D

To sidetrack a bit.. I am not fussy or particular about service. All I ask are:
  1. Smile
  2. Greet
  3. Sincerity
Don't act as if I owe you money lah! Is it so difficult to say "Hi!" or "Good morning!"?? I'm super appalled by our local service standards... Still love Japan! Even if you don't buy anything, they won't glare at you give you snide looks.. They will still greet, bow and treat u like royalty!

After desserts, we went to City Plaza to help his friend sell an iPhone than went for supper! Die lah.. keep eating....!! We went to 126 Dim Sum at Geylang! I LOVE IT! Cheap, unpretentious and super authentic feel!


Best Chicken Wings!

Best Scallop Porridge!

Next day, we went to Nex for dinner. Gave Pipimon few choices and he chose Xian De Lai, which was also featured in the recent 8days review..

Pretty pots!


The food is alright, but a tad pricey! They DON'T SERVE ICE WATER which is a super big no-no and their drinks are very expensive! S$2.50++! Madness! We spent over S$70++ for the dinner..

Haix. Isn't there somewhere in Singapore which serves nice, reasonably priced food with good service!?!??!?!?!?!?! :(

No comments:

; //]]>