Translate

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Centre Ps DIY Pineapple tarts

Other than Bak Kwa, the other essential item for CNY is.. PINEAPPLE TARTS!

I saw an ad in 8days advertising on DIY Pineapple tarts and I had to try it! It looks sooo good in the picture (above) with the little glass jar containing the jam!

I called to place an order a few days ago and Pipimon fetched me to Guan Chuan Avenue to collect them. It's somewhere near Tiong Bahru and it's a bit ulu ulu..

The salesgirl was polite but cold. You don't feel that she is happy to serve. Pipimon says it's because it's CNY and they have many orders and lots of business so she can't be bothered with one little order.

Well, my one little order is $70.85! Maybe it's because I used Citibank credit card for the 18% discount? Or maybe it's because I had to yell "HELLO? ANYONE THERE!?!?" into the kitchen for 5 whole minutes before someone comes out to entertain me.. Whatever the reason, I won't go back again to patronize them because I don't feel welcomed at all.

What if the pineapple tarts are super nice? Will I still boycott them? That depends on how nice the pineapple tarts are... But when I saw the jam placed in plastic cups instead of the pretty jars.. I super sian liao. So the answer is most probably no.

Anyway, I bought a total of 3 bottles, 1 for Wany and 2 for Pipimon! ^^ I hope I can meet Wany before the jam expires on 20th Feb.. Lol!

Now I have lots of CNY goodies but I am trying to lose weight! So how?!

Update! [10Feb2011]
We tried the jam and it's not very fantastic.. it has a sour tinge to it.. and has to be refrigerated so it's quite weird to eat cold pineapple tarts.. Moreover it expires very quickly even when refrigerated.. so it's a waste of time and money. Boo!

No comments:

; //]]>