Translate

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Aichi Tourism Seminar & Ichiban Boshi

I went to Suntec to meet Doreen for coffee and she asked me to accompany her to a seminar at the convention centre.


The seminar is organized by the Aichi Tourism of Japan and it was quite cool! There were lots of important people and speakers, including the governer of Aichi, Japan Ambassador of the Japan Embassy in Singapore, Vice Presidents of several hotels and restaurants.

The president (girl in red hair) of the Singapore Cosplayer's Club also made an appearance, together with her "minions". LOL!


Check out the cute goody bag! :)


And the freebies! :)


There were different colours Neko (cat) keychains!


The file full of fun facts and information about Aichi, Japan!


After the seminar, we headed to the reception area....


Lots of yummy Japanese munchies! ^^ I ali-babaed a lot for Brendan! LOL!

There were two buffet lines.. Western & Nagoya specialty cuisine! :)


Hitsumabunshi : Grilled Eel on Rice

This is the best dish out of everything! The rice is fluffy, the flavouring is just nice and it's soo Oishi! But unfortunately, the serving of the eel is very little, so in a scoop of rice, you can only find a fingernail size eel.. But who cares? It's yummy! ^^


Miso Katsu : Pork Cutlet with Miso Sauce

I tried the original one in Nagoya city before and this is nothing like that! The pork here is tough and soo difficult to chew, I swallowed it whole and nearly choked to death. If you think it's because of my braces, you're wrong! Cos everyone said that the pork is too tough and overcooked! Sigh. I was having such high hopes that this will taste similar to the one I had in Japan last year. :(


Ten-musu : Shrimp Tempura Rice Balls


Tebasaki : Chicken Wings!

The ones I tried in Nagoya is TO DIE FOR! The ones here are... not nice. Honestly!! It's not crispy, and there's no coating of the "spicy secret sauce" at all! BOO!


This is what I took from the buffet line.. :)

I had a second serving of the rice cos it's super yummy.. Didn't touch the western food cos I was gonna meet Brendan at Great World City for dinner!

I drove down from Suntec to Great World and got lost cos the stupid Gothere.sg app is super laggy, but luckily I am not really a road idiot, so I can make intelligent guesses on how to get there since I was able to get to Orchard.. The app is making me go by the long way and I realized that by driving around without following the stupid app's instructions.. I got there much faster than expected. Piangz!

Anyway, we had dinner at Ichiban Boshi. It's Brendan's fave restaurant and it's always always full house.


Ehh, if you ask me.. the food is so-so only lah.. I think that's because I am super fussy and also I have tried real Japanese food in Japan so the ones in Singapore doesn't impress me at all.. I know there are authentic Japanese restaurants in Singapore which may serve super delicious Jap food, but the price tag is crazy high and I cannot afford them.. So no comment on that. ^^

He went to buy some books at the book fair at Level 1.. S$15 per book while waiting for me (I got lost, remember?). Quite cheap hor?

When he passed me the plastic bag for me to kpoh and look inside, before looking at the books I already know, confirm with guarantee chop that he bought self-help or inspiration books.. And I was right lah! See? I so smart I scare myself sometimes too. :P


I ordered my fave Tobiko Sushi!

Brendan ordered fried skin and his all-time fave, CHA SOBA.

He is a mad fan of Cha Soba, when he bite into the Cha Soba.. it's like eating the most tasty food in the world.. I don't know how to describe lah, but I never seen anyone who is sooo in love with cha soba before. T_T" Hahahahahaha!

My Teriyaki Beef Don


I call this the giant chapalang set! Haha!

He was trying to kiap my mascot with his chopsticks! Than he laughed a super evil laugh!! SO EVIL LAH!!

Wah, I think we 2 months never meet liao.. cos he remembered seeing me in Pink braces and that was my 1st braces' colour..

He say I lost weight! FIRST TIME BRENDAN SAY I LOSE WEIGHT LEH! I think he wanna make me happy so I will say he lose weight also.. But he gained weight (he say so himself) and is wearing his emergency fat jeans!! Heeheehee!

I told him I lost more weight one, but gained back again cos recently ate a lot of junk food and chocolates... but overall still lose a teeny little bit.. Like 2kg? I dunno.. It's so depressing to weigh myself. :(

Afterwards we went to TCC and he helped me restore the firmware of my iPhone cos it kept giving me problems like:
  1. Freezing intermittently
  2. iPod app doesn't work
  3. Touch response is not responding
  4. Unable to end calls, need to shut down phone
  5. Reception issues
I tried everything I can think of (officially) to solve the problem and it keeps happening. My last resort will be to do a exchange with Starhub.. but since I want to keep this phone instead of getting a replacement set, I asked him to help me to try to fix it, and he says that the iPhone most probably needs a firmware restore to start fresh.

His "Ah Beng" method works lah! The phone is much faster now, I don't have the pesky reception/no service message at all, and usually it pops up every 10 minutes or so! Woohoo!

I lost all my messages and emails, but that's fine... At least my iPhone is working like brand new now! Woohoo!

Since a lot of people wanna have a piece of my iPhone God's technical expertise, I'm thinking of being his manager and charge people for his advice and services.. Hmmmmmmmm. Than we can have a partnership and open an Ah Beng shop! Imagine going to our Ah Beng shop where we can speak good proper English and we look so decent and honest! ^^ Wahahahahahahaha! One day when he has more free time than I will ask him to think about this business proposal.. he is so busy with his family's business.. always fly here and there and everywhere.

Shall call it the BABES! "Brendan's Ah Beng Expertise Shop!". Idea boh?
My job is to collect money! LOL!!! And to use my persuasive skills to psycho people to buy stuff!!! Heeheehee!!

No comments:

; //]]>