Translate

Friday, October 29, 2010

Garrett's Gourmet Popcorn

I took the monorail into Sentosa just to buy this bucket of popcorn.

Call me crazy, but when I have a craving for something.. I'll travel far and wide for it. Even if I have to fly to another country and I can afford it.. I will. :P

Wany asked if I am pregnant.. cos she thinks it's crazy that I will pay $3 to go into Sentosa than buy the bucket of popcorn and go home.

Ehh.. No. I have weird mad cravings since young and being pregnant or not doesn't affect any of those cravings. My sister understands my food cravings cos she grew up with me and is used to my nonsense. Pipimon understands my weird cravings NOW but in the past, we used to quarrel like mad cos he thinks I am crazy & reasonable... Just now I smsed him and told him I am going into Sentosa just to buy popcorn and he just said: "Wow! Is it nice? You going in by monorail, bus or taxi?"

Haha. Well, since it's not a normal human behavior, I guess it's alright if people don't get it or don't understand the relationship I have with food. I live to eat, not eat to live. :)

My mum used to offer/bet me S$50 to finish a plate of veggies -- even though I am quite money-faced, I turned down her offer. She eventually increased the offer to S$100, than S$500 and even increased it to S$1000 and I still refused to eat it. It's bloody Kailan with the dodgy stems! Yuck.

But if she bet with me now, since I am smarter I will counter offer her and change the veggies to caesar salad. Hahahahaha!

I used to love those sour plums and people always ask: "You pregnant ah?" even when I was only 9 years old. I don't understand why food has to be stereotyped or typecast.

Do I need to be pregnant to eat sour plums? Do you see pregnant woman carrying sour plums and devouring them? Is there a label on food that says: "For pregnant woman only!"

What about rainbow candy? Are there labels that say: "For gay people only!"

Pah!

Anyway, back to the popcorn! I can't take picture of the shop cos no photos are allowed inside. You can choose your own tin and they will fill it up with the flavours you want.

I chose the Chicago Mix, which is a mixture of caramel and cheese! :) The other time I bought the smallest pack at S$8, so this time I bought the smallest tin, which is 1 Gallon for S$51.

There's a piece of paper covering the yummy popcorn below!

Hello Kitty loves it too!

The sales assistant layered the popcorn, so the cheese is beneath the caramel. So it's cheese/caramel/cheese/caramel. Yums!

It even comes with a small baby scoop if you buy the tin! :)

I'll say bye bye for now and go and munch on my popcorn! Toodles!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
This is nice Blog and I appreciate you for your experience sharing.You know more about the Gourmet Popcorn visit at Gourmet Popcorn

; //]]>