Translate

Friday, October 29, 2010

jPot & Bakerzinn Cake

Jpot members are entitled to a free birthday cake during their birthday month. I did not utilize it last year cos I forgot to make prior reservations when I went with Wany and afterwards I didn't have the time to go back again.. so this year I am determined to have that damn cake!

Called Jpot in advance and reserved a chocolate Bakerzin cake. The lady spoke limited English and she gave me 4 choices:
  1. Tiramisu
  2. Mango
  3. Chocolate
  4. Chocolate with more chocolate
I believe the 4th option refers to chocolate mousse or something and she might not know how to pronounce mousse without sounding like "mouse".

Don't say I am mean.. I had to repeat my address nine freaking times cos she kept mishearing me. I mean, what's so difficult about BENDEMEER ROAD? It's not some weird roads like Devonshire, Jalan Ulut Laut or something... Tsk.

Anyway, i chose the 4th option cos I don't really like tiramisu (got alcohol!) and it's a risk to choose mango since fruit cakes are difficult to make and chocolate cakes are the easiest.. I've not really tried Bakerzin before, but judging from the falling food standards of Singapore.. I don't really have high hopes.

So here is the "Chocolate cake with more chocolate"

The mousse part was nice, but the cake part was too dry.

I told Wany and her sis not to sing Happy Birthday cos:
  1. My birthday is over I'm quite superstitious to cut cake after birthday
  2. We had to clear out soon cos there's a group waiting for the table
  3. So paiseh lah! I too old liao. :(
Wany and her older sister, Adeline!

Last time when I go their house (like 10 years back in Secondary school), I was so terrified of her sister cos she look really scary.. like scary fierce! But now she mellow down liao, and maybe I am older now also.. and get to know her better so not so scary anymore. Heehee.

We tabao-ed the cake cos it's too big, and I asked Wany to bring it home cos Pipimon is in Jakarta and I am alone at home and it's not nice to waste it since we didn't even eat half of it -- Chloe cannot eat!!

No comments:

; //]]>