Translate

Saturday, October 23, 2010

New Agnes B specs!


The story on why I bought this specs is quite complicated.

Remember I bought my 1st pair back in April this year?

Ok, the other day I went back to Brendan's friend shop and I didn't really like their after-sales service.. like very bochup... very different from pre-sales! I paid S$260 for my 1st pair and didn't really like it cos it gives me headaches, which I told Jason (Brendan's friend) but he said it's normal since I am a 1st time user.. But I don't get those headaches when I put on contact lenses (with degree), so I think the problem lies with the specs.

Moreover Bukit Gombak is a 40mins drive away and it's fucking far..! I think it makes better sense to walk 3 mins down to the Optical shop near my house.. which I did the other day with Pipimon.

Pipimon and I chose a very nice pair of frame that is similar to the Tag Heuer one I like, but that was $700 just for the frame, so it's plain madness..!! Anyway, I ordered my 2nd pair of specs and also bought contact lenses from them cos they are selling it very cheap -- neighborhood prices! I think another reason is also they only accept cash payment & is a family business in a low-rent area, so they can push the prices down lower. The specs costs only S$170 including the multi-coat lens, and the frame is very light and good! Will post pictures after I go and collect it :)

The daily disposable lenses are selling at much lower prices than shopping centres and I am shocked to find out that their coloured Maxim lenses are even cheaper than MALAYSIA! KNS LAH! I should have bought from them instead of from JB. Dammit. Luckily I only bought two pairs from JB, but I still feel so cheated!! :( S$10 cheaper than Malaysia! OMFG!

I told them about my headaches with the 1st specs, and they did a check on my specs.. they said that the specs may not be made properly and may have caused my eye sight to worsen OR the reading may have been wrong in the first place.. It was 25/75 in April and now it's 75/100!

Dammit lah! If this pattern continues, I'll be blind in no time. :( I don't watch TV and I don't do hardcore gaming on computers! Why my eyesight so fucked up?? :(

I really hate not knowing stuff! I know shit about spectacles cos I don't wear specs and none of my family members wore specs when I was growing up.. except for my grandma and I did not accompany her to the Optical shop before. So I don't know anything about "market prices" or astigmatism or lens or whatever fuck they sales assistants are talking about. It's all gibberish to me, like when Pipimon is trying to explain how the car's engine work.. I just zone out lah.

Ask me about how to tell the difference between fresh and not-fresh seafood, or maybe how to handle live marine creatures, I'm good at that.. cos I learnt such stuff when I was younger.. But spectacles!! My blind spot!!! T_T"

Okok, back to the 3rd specs, which is this Agnes B specs..

The neighborhood Optical shop only sell those generic or housebrand frames, and the most "branded" frames they had was BONIA & GUESS. Not very branded to me. BONIA? Super Malay-aunty can!!! T_T"

They told me I can go out and buy my own frames and bring it back to them to fix in lens if needed.. They are offering me like S$180 to put in the Transitions lens (can change colour until UV light), S$120 if I get the other Japanese made ones.. Price is negotiable, and I think it's super cheap.. Wany mentioned that she was quoted S$500 or S$600 for the Transition lens.. but I have to go and ask if the price is varies with the degree of the lens.

I'm loving it to bits! I think it makes me look more studious and mature.. No? Hahaha!

I bought this at Eyeplay at Bugis.. Wany and I took lots of frames and finally chose this one. It's less than $200 after discount. :)

What I didn't like was the shop assistants were quite dishonest. The display set was very loose and they said that it's "normal". But I find it suspicious cos the right side of the specs if looser than the left side. If it's normal, than why isn't both sides loose? Wany also found it super suspicious and she gave me the "They think we stupid ah?" look. HAHAHAHHA!

Than they keep trying to persuade us to take this pair, say very cheap.. very nice, last piece.. blah blah blah.

Wah, think I'm bimbo is it? I may act bimbotic at times, but I very smart one hor!

So I told them I insist and only want a new piece, and they said only got display set.. So I told them either they order a new piece for me, or we'll just buy it from someplace else. Don't tell me whole Singapore only they selling meh? Chey.

So they give me some stupid story like, "Order will take 1 week, if Singapore no stock, than maybe 2 weeks or longer.. you can wait?"

I told them I have PLENTY of time, and I'm not in a hurry since I have one existing pair and just ordered another pair and this will be my 3rd pair.. not to mention I do not need to put in any special lens, just buying it off the shelf with the demo lens cos I'm keeping it, then they went back counter to discuss and said "Let us check if got new piece, we think have"..

AND GUESS WHAT!?!?!?

They opened up the shelf on the top of display racks (shelves that were disguised to not look like shelves) and there were TONS of new pieces for all the specs!!!! I saw her take out one box of "Agnes B" specs and there were 8 pairs inside of different designs!

Wany couldn't see it cos she was sitting and facing the other direction, and I discretely pretended not to see what they were doing but I KNOW AND I SAW!

They pretended to be so excited they found a new piece (which they knew they had all along) and gave it to me.

Wany and I gave each other the triumphant look of victory of outsmarting unscrupulous salespeople and we gave each other virtual high-fives with our superior brain abilities! Wahahahahahhaha!

So, moral of the story according to me, is... :
  1. After-sales service is MORE IMPORTANT than pre-sales!
  2. Getting fleeced once is a lesson learnt, going back repeatedly is plain stupidity!
  3. Never settle for the display set UNLESS it's at least 50% off the retail price, even so.. bargain further or ask for freebies!
  4. Don't trust other people judgement more than your own instincts.. unless you are a man than you should have a woman with you cos we have better instincts and gut feelings -- unless it's things like shoes ^^ !!
  5. Bring your best friend along so you can communicate with each other using your "Best Friend Psychic ability" and roll your eyes at the lame attempts of unscrupulous sales people trying to cheat your money
  6. Bring your boyfriend along so he can pay for the purchase ;) Especially if your boyfriend is like Pipimon who is super Uncle at times and will bargain for you shamelessly or flirt/smooze the sales people to ask for more discounts =.=

1 comment:

wanwen said...

Dodgy sales pple lah at tt shop! I rather not buy if they don't have new piece lor!

; //]]>